DO NOT USE BUTTER OR COOKING SPRAYS WHEN GRILLING ON THE PAN GRILL-IT™ These will only burn up, smoke and become acrid especially on HIGH HEAT.
Note: The PAN Grill-it™ is pre-seasoned which provides for a healthy all natural non-stick surface. It has a vegetable oil that has been baked on at 600+ degrees (F) and is ready to use. It is NOT to be used in coated non-stick pans or any toxic non-stick cookware.
THE SAME GRILLING PROCEDURE IS CONSISTENT THROUGHOUT EACH USE;
• Place the PAN Grill-it inside the cast iron round 10.5” griddle or 12” or larger cast iron skillet. Let the cast iron heat slowly on MEDIUM heat for 10-12 minutes. Some stove tops methods are slower but slow is good. Cast iron will build and sustain its heat much like an oven.
• Should you use marinades, wipe food with paper towel prior to placing on the PAN Grill-it. DO NOT use heavy amounts of BBQ sauces as these will burn up in the pan. Basting is best as it grills should you want to add sauce.
NOTE: Placing cold or refrigerated foods on hot cast iron will stick to the surface. Let refrigerated foods sit out at room temperature prior to placing on grill.
• After your meal, let the cast iron cool. Then scrape food debris off the PAN Grill-it with a butter knife or stiff wire brush. Metal spatulas work well for the griddles and skillets. Scrubbies work well for the finishing touches.
• Once food debris is removed, lightly dab HIGH SMOKE POINT cooking oils onto paper towel and spread onto the cast iron pieces. Then warm for just 2-3 minutes. This will open the iron pores and allow the oils to seep into the cast iron to preserve and continue the seasoning for tasty meals to come. Tip: A great place to store your cast iron is in the oven where it is dry and free from moisture.
• Only use HIGH SMOKE POINT cooking oils AFTER use, to continue the seasoning process. Recommended high smoke-point oils to use; Safflower, Peanut, Sunflower, Coconut, Avocado, Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any oils that have the word “Light” on their label.
*Cast iron skillets and round griddles are safe for all stove tops and heating methods; gas, electric, induction, glass (do not drop) ceramic (do not slide-pick up to move), flat-top griddle-commercial use, oven, campfire, woodstove tops, and outdoor grills.
For grilling tips, ideas and additional product offerings, please visit www.pangrillit.com
MADE IN USA